Minutes Meeting 7th Dec 2017

Attendees: John, Chris, Gill,  Yvonne, Steve, Sally

Apologies: Kay, Gill, Pete, Louise, Corinne

Review of Routes/Issues

Walters Lane

Still waiting for council to do the work as promised over 12 months ago. Chris has chased a number of times. Latest email reply received 10th November was – “We haven’t forgotten you, we just have some issues with availability of plant.  We are also having to do some training to improve our towing and cannot tow plant for the time being. This will be resolved hopefully by the end of next week and Tim is fully aware of the need to get to this job as soon as possible.  I will ask Tim to let you know as soon as we can get back to this job.”

Agreed that we if nothing has been done by next meeting (mid Jan) all members to individually contact council. Emails to the address on their website should have a response within 10 days so they are obliged to respond.

Crammer Gutter (across top of field)

Grant submission was unsuccessful (thanks to Lou for doing this). Work is on-hold until we have enough funds.


A section being regularly used by RW (to feed cattle) but seems to be holding up OK. Any issues to be reported to group.

The Firs

Main gate onto road has been chained and is difficulty to undo and open. The wicket gate is difficult/dangerous to use (strong return spring and post box with sharp edges). We agreed that for our purposes we should make sure the wicket gate is easy/safe to use.

Sally has contacted council but no response so far.

Action: John/Steve will have a look and see if this can be improved.

Tangles (alternative route from Hill Houses onto common)

Has become very overgrown since we cleared this a couple of years ago.

Action: Work party next year.

Crammer Gutter to bottom of Withies Bank

Has on occasion been blocked by vehicles parked at cottage at end of Crammer Gutter/

Action: All to monitor and report if problem continues.

Time Sheet

John will complete time sheet early next year for the work we have done (at same time as we submit annual grant funding application).

Fund Raiser

Plan to do another quiz in spring with shared rounds. Will agree details at next meeting (Jan).

At same time will promote the groups activities and “encourage” all local riders to join/contribute. Clare has done a poster. Cleeview poster

Next Meeting/Late Christmas Meal

We will have our annual group late Christmas meal/meeting at the Fighting Cocks in January. Proposed dates are Wednesday 10th or Wednesday 17th January.

Action: Yvonne to check with pub and get menu

Leave a Reply