Disappointing Turn Out 16th June, Meeting Notes

Present:

Chris, Jo, Steve, Philipa, Ted

Apologies:

Yvonne, John, Gill, Sally

John was called to another meeting at short notice which he had to attend. He and Chris met night before to go through items for the meeting.

General Comment to Local Riders 

Over the years the group has made some major improvements which are holding up well. Coming into height of summer routes do need maintenance and clearance to make them easy/safe to use. We need to encourage all local riders to be involved in helping maintain our bridleways. No one else is going to do it.

Action – Please try to contribute by attending meetings and work parties and encouraging anyone you know with an interest in our bridleways to become involved. Next meeting will be the AGM (see later item).

Work so far in 2019

John, Steve and Ted have completed work on Crammer Gutter (Route F) and Hinton (Route A). Many thanks. See previous reports.

Finance

2019 costs to date – £320 Stone, £72 Digger Hire, £45 Dumper and Matbro Hire.

Current Balance – £613

Routes Needing Attention/Work Parties

Back Of Mounts (J) and path to Lubberland/Nunnery Lane. Overhanging tree needs cutting back by where stone and drainage was done a few years ago. Also path is getting narrow and cut up in places between gorse bushes. These could be cut back to open up path.

Action – Work Party to be arranged.

Nunnery Lane (K). Wet/muddy area by gate at bottom of lane onto common needs work. Also some clearance work and overhanging tree by brook needs to be cut down.

Action – Chris and John to arrange site visit to see if we can get a dumper load of stone to the gate and any other drainage work needed then arrange work party.

Factory Lane to Prescott (D). New owners (Colin and Claire) are happy for us to do some work on this route. Main problem is very wet area by gate.

Action – John to arrange site visit and meeting with owners to assess what is needed.

Cleeton Court to High Lane (N). Sally recently walked this and reported that it is getting badly overgrown and also that gates appear to have dropped and need some adjustment to make them usable.

Action – Work party to be arranged.

Keepers Cottage – Detton (Route R). Ted reported that this is getting overgrown but is still passable. Would benefit from some clearance route later in summer.

Detton Prescott (C) – Would benefit from some clearance but is passable. Possible work party later in summer

Cleeton St Mary to Hill (Y) – We still need to finish marking this route. Also reports that couple of the marker posts we put in need checking (uprooted, rotten)

AGM 

Proposed to hold an AGM in July. We will also arrange project work and work parties at the AGM.

Action – AGM date to be agreed and all to try attend to support the group

Meeting 18th June, Hinton Bridleway Improvements

Meeting to discuss plans/work parties

Tuesday 18th June, 7:30pm, Chris and Jo’s Portacabin, Upper Marshes.

Please come along to support the work we are doing. Suggestions for work parties/improvements welcome.

Hinton Bridleway Improvements

Steve and John have done some much needed digger work to improve the drainage and dig back to hard ground. Many thanks.

 

Crammer Gutter Bridleway – Improvements

John, Steve and Ted have done a great job on the Crammer Gutter bridleway. The main gatepost onto the Crammer Gutter field has been replaced and the gate rehung and now swings open nicely. A load of stone has been purchased and put under the gate and also the gate onto the common. Getting through the gates will be much easier. Many thanks.

Menu Selection – Reminder

Reminder that your menu selection is required by Tue 19th if you are coming to the meal on Friday. See previous post.

Thanks

Social Meal Friday 22nd March 2019 – Menu

We will have a short meeting starting at 7 pm with meal at 7-45 pm. Venue The Fighting Cocks, Stottesdon.

Please let Yvonne have your selection from menu below before Tuesday 19th March by Email at – yvonne.farm@btopenworld.com , (Tel 01746 718650)

2 Courses £13, 3 Courses £17.

Starter

Soup – Broccoli & Stilton

Garlic Mushrooms

Prawn Cocktail

Camembert

 

Mains

Steak & Ale Pie

Fish Pie

Lasagna

Lamb Shank

Chicken Tikka Balti with Rice and Naan

 

Puddings

Sticky Toffee

Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Fudge Cake

Fruit Pavlova

Social Meal and Meeting – Friday 22nd March 2019

We will have our late Christmas!/social meal and meeting on Friday 22nd March 2019 at the Fighting Cocks Stottesdon. Put this date in your diary.

Menu choice to follow.

Keepers Cottage – Tittford Bridge (Route R on map) now clear

On Sunday 19th August the dangerous section of over grown path right next to a barbed wire fence was cleared. With many hands it did not take long. Big thanks to John, Ted, Arthur, Clare, Yvonne, Pip and Chris.

 

 

Work Party Sunday 19th August 10am – Keepers Cottage

Your help needed for a bridleway clearance work party on Sunday 19th August, Keepers Cottage – Tittford Bridge (Route R on map). The section from Keepers Cottage through the field is overgrown and narrow.

Meet at  Keepers Cottage end at 10am (off the road leading down to the ford at Neen Savage).

Any questions contact John Sutton – 01746 718652.

Please note that if you are aware of any bridleways in the area that need some clearance work then do feel free to organise a work party and let Chris know so that he can put a notification on the website. This will also make sure that any work you do can be covered under the P3 group agreement with the council (thereby providing insurance cover).

Work Party Sunday 15th July 10am – Hinton – Winterdyne

Work Party Sunday 15th July

Clearance work party route A – Hinton to Winterdyne.

Meet 10am at Winterdyne end.

Contact: John Sutton

Quiz Night Success

Many thanks to everyone involved with the Quiz night on Saturday 17th June. It was a huge success with lots of laughs.

Through ticket sales and raffle we raised a total of £328 after taking off costs for the food and hall hire.

We now have enough money to be able to tackle a bridleway improvement project which we will discuss at our next meeting.